The Ruby and Rails editing options are set under the Text Editor branch of the Options dialog (available from the Tools menu).
These include a variety of options which are listed for all Visual Studio languages. Where certain options are not applicable, they are grayed out. For Ruby In Steel, the relevant options are:
- Auto list members – to provide IntelliSense code completion
- Parameter information – to provide IntelliSense Parameter tips
- Enable Virtual Space – enter code (or comments) into any blank area of the editor
- Word Wrap – causes long lines to wrap automatically
- Show Visual Glyphs for Word Wrap – displays a small graphic where text wraps
- Apply Cut or Copy – cut or copy blank lines (when disabled, blank lines are ignored)
- Line Numbers – displays line number in the left-hand margin
- Enable single-click URL navigation – URLs become hyperlinks (CTRL+LeftMouseBtn)
Here you can set code Indenting and Tabbing options:
- None – no automatic indenting options will be applied
- Block – when you press Enter, the new line will align with the line above it
- Smart – when you press Enter, the new line will align according to syntax
You can also specify the Tab and Indent sizes in this dialog and set an option to determine whether Tabs are entered as Tab characters or as sequences of space characters.