Follow these steps to create a Visual Studio Solution in the same directory as an existing project...
|When a project is 'converted', your existing files and folders are added to the Solution Explorer. No modifications are made to the files themselves. If you wish to make a copy of an existing project in a new location on disk, see: How To Import A Project.|
- Select the File menu, then Open and Convert...
- In the Convert dialog, select Ruby Converter Wizard...
- Click Create New Solution if you wish to create a Solution specifically for this project. If you already have a Solution open in Visual Studio and you wish to add your Ruby solution as a Project in that solution, click Add to Current solution.
- Click OK
- The Convert Project dialog appears. Here you must choose the directory containing the Ruby (or Rails) files and directories which you wish to convert. You may click the Browse button [...] to select a directory.
- In the second field you may optionally specify one or more extensions of file types which should not be imported. The file extensions should be entered following a period and separated by semicolons like this:
- When the 'Exclude hidden files and directories' Check Box is selected, Hidden files and hidden directories will not be added to the imported project.
- Click OK to convert the project and display the files in the Solution Explorer.