The Ruby Menu and Toolbar provide access to a number of tools for use with Ruby and Rails.
The Ruby Menu
The Ruby Toolbar
The Ruby Tools
- Ruby Run – runs the currently active file in a docked window
- Ruby Command - runs the currently active file in a system ('command') window
- IRB – runs the Interactive Ruby shell
- One-Click Rails Debugger – starts debugging a Rails project
- Generate – loads a dialog to run Rails generate scripts
- Start Server – loads a dialog to start a server (for Rails)
- Rake – loads a dialog to run Rake
- Gems – loads a dialog to install a Gem package
- Synchronize – synchronizes the Solution Explorer with files on disk
- Ruby Explorer – loads the Ruby code and documentation explorer
- About - displays version and registration details of Ruby In Steel.
The Ruby Toolbar can be displayed by selecting it from the View/Toolbars menu.
The items on the Ruby menu duplicate the items on the Ruby Toolbar.